We have put together resources to help you get started on your journey without cling film with beeswax wraps! Click on link below to jump each section.
- Before you purchase
- How to use your beeswax wraps
- Storing your beeswax wraps
- Cleaning your beeswax wraps
- How to repair old beeswax wraps
- Watch other how-to videos
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
We provide free shipping for purchases over S$35 within Singapore and S$100 for selected countries. Otherwise, flat rate shipping fee applies (see below).
Your order will be processed within 1-2 working days and handed over to our third-party logistic partners, estimated transit time are as follow:
|Shipping Time Estimate||Flat Rate Shipping (S$)|
Singapore - 2 to 5 working days
Rest of the world* - 5 to 10 working days
*Please note that for international orders taxes, customs and duty charges that may be imposed by destination country of the shipment are not included in the shipping rates, and are under the sole responsibility of the buyer.
For urgent orders, please reach out to us via WhatsApp below, you may schedule a self-collection or same day courier.
IMPORTANT: We do not offer exchange or return on our wraps for hygiene reasons. We take great pride in the quality of our product, due to handmade nature of our wraps - each piece may have subtle differences. However, if you do find yourself with a defective product please reach out.
Back to the top
HOW TO USE YOUR BEESWAX WRAPS
Beeswax wrap is an eco-friendly alternative to cling wrap. Our wraps are handcrafted in Singapore using 100% premium cotton, jojoba oil, tree resin, and beeswax.
Beeswax and tree resin has antibacterial properties. It provides a protective and breathable layer that keeps food from getting wet or wilted while locking in moisture, flavour and freshness.
- Mould wrap firmly around food or container with the warmth and pressure from your hands.
- For hygiene purposes, avoid direct contact with raw meat. Instead, put them in a bowl and cover with wrap.
- Acidic fruits, harsh soap and scrubbing will accelerate the wear of the wax coating and shorten it's lifespan.
- Do not microwave and keep away from all heat source.
Our wraps are breathable. They are great for storing cheese as it does not form condensation and make your cheese soggy like plastic wraps. The antibacterial properties of beeswax and tree resin also slows down the formation of mold.
FRUITS & VEGETABLES
Think of them as the 'skin' of a fruit that keeps its content fresh and breathable. Your fruits and vegetables will stay fresh for longer.
Did you know that beeswax wraps clings well to most material in your kitchen? We've used them on porcelain, glass, metal, wood, and even coconut bowls. The key is to use a sturdy container that you can mould your hands firmly around. They are more tricky around flimsy container as you cannot press firmly to cling.
JARS & BOTTLES
The wax layer makes the wrap water resistant. While not suitable as water bottle lid replacement in preventing spills when out, they do a good job in keeping leftover drinks in the refrigerator and as a replacement lid for storing dried goods in jars.
We travel with our wraps! They come in handy for farmer's market, picnic, and storing used soap bar (pat dry soap using a towel to absorb excess moisture and wrap with our beeswax wrap).
STORING YOUR BEESWAX WRAPS
After each use, clean your wraps and allow to air dry completely before storing in a cool clean place. With regular use, your wraps should last up to 12 months.
Tips: Store your wraps in the refrigerator to further lengthen its lifespan. Our wraps are made from 100% natural ingredients with no preservatives and additives. Jojoba oil in particular has a shelf life of two years at room temperature and twice that long if keep refrigerated. Shielding them from the hot and humid weather will help you get the most out of your wraps.
CLEANING YOUR BEESWAX WRAPS
Depending on how dirty your wraps are, you can clean them using one of these methods:
- Wipe clean with a damp towel: suitable for lightly soiled wraps.
- Rinse under cold water: suitable for wraps that comes into contact with sauces and needs a wash.
- Rinse in cold soapy water: suitable for oily or heavily soiled wraps.
- Do not use hot water as it would melt the wax.
- Excessive use of detergent will wear the wax out faster.
- Harsh scrubbing will destroy the wax layer and causes it to flake.
HOW TO REPAIR OLD BEESWAX WRAP
If your wrap is worn and no longer in sticky, you can restore them using our mending bar. Click here to purchase.